Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Little Miss Chatterbox

"Mommy, it's broken."
"What's broken, Elliott?"
"The TV, Mommy. What happened?"

Beckett is crying. Elliott runs in the room, "What happened, Beck?"

What happened? Well, new words, that's what. The vocabulary of my 26 month old has blossomed. It's amazing the new words that flow out of her mouth daily. I love this stage! Aside from the occasional tantrums and the ever-growing independence, I am declaring this stage my absolute favorite so far in the life of Elliott Kate. We're starting to have real conversations. It's great. I'm soaking it up because I know I'm about to enter the world of "Why?"



*Disclaimer - If you are not related to Elliott, you can stop reading here. The remaining blog is for parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other family members who read to keep up with my girls as well as for my own documentation. Okay, you've been warned.

This stage is seriously awesome! Elle's brain is like a sponge. She picks up little things left and right. We've definitely realized the importance of being a positive role model.

Elliott can...
-identify 24 letters of the alphabet.
-name the shapes circle, triangle, rectangle, square and octagon.
-identify the colors red, green, blue, pink, purple, orange, white, and black.
-spell her name aloud.
-recognize her written name.
-name her body parts.

Elliott...
-disciplines the little one by yelling "Beckett Kate!" Ha! This is because she hears "Elliott Kate" quite frequently these days.
-calls Eddie and me by our names if she doesn't get an answer right away using "Daddy" or "Mommy."
-is now a hugger! Her entire life we have waited for her to throw her arms around us. There's nothing better.
-drags her sister around on her blanket. Beckett has a monster grip - It's hysterical!
-loves to play catch!
-run and grabs your leg and yells "I got you!"

I'm sure over the next month or two, she'll have learned so much more. I've always heard this is the time where she will surprise us continously! I LOVE being a mommy!

3 comments:

  1. If she doesn't slow down there will be nothing left to teach her in kindergarten! ;) What a cutie. I have to agree that this is my favorite age of Baylor's right now, but I am glad you think that of Elle because that means I have something more to look forward to in 4 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And dont forget the new one "Hooper!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the reason I'd rather adopt than have a baby :)
    toddlers are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete