Friday, August 7, 2009

The Ultimate Big Cousin!

I've been promising my nephew for months that when baseball season was over, he can come and stay with us. All summer, his sister has gotten to stay and go swimming and all the other "fun" stuff that Isaak was missing out on. He's a very talented baseball player and if you know anything about my family, you know that baseball is something we have never lived without. He absolutely loves playing...it's so funny, but sad at the same time, to see him get so invested in his games. He reminds me of someone else I know. ;)
So, a couple of weeks ago, Iso came to stay and we had a blast! He and Eddie were Wii buddies - Mario Kart until their eyes crossed! Isaak even taught Ed a few things. We swam, went to the jump house, he and Ed played golf and he and E had their own little slumber party! It's been the only 2 nights she's stayed in her own bed in a long while.
Isaak has a heart of gold. As the oldest of the bunch, he has taken to his role with perfection. He's a professional older cousin, loving E and B as much as humanly possible. He plays with E as if she is the most fun girl he's ever met. He's her protector. He loves to hold B and make her laugh. I swear he got more excited than we did when she started walking. He is seriously one of the funniest kids I know. His wittiness rivals Eddie's. He's a jokester. He's ridiculously athletic - and you know, I love that! He's my little guy. Words can't explain how much he means to me. I love watching him grow and learn more and more. Oh, and did I mention how smart he is? I'm telling you...he's the entire package. Isaak Maurice...your aunt loves you so much!




























4 comments:

  1. Awwww...how sweet. He loves you guys so much. Everyone always tells me how lucky he is that his daddy married someone that would love him (isaak) unconditionally and treat him as my own, but I always tell them how much more blessed he is with my family that never skipped a beat when he (and jordenne) became a part of our family. You guys have been an awesome aunt and uncle to my kids. I hope Tonya and I can be the same for E and B! Love you :)

    ps look at all that HAIR!!! I miss it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay--so I'm not sure who Tonya is... I meant Tony :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he has grown up so much since I first met your family!! I can't believe it. what a good cousin and those pictures of the mustaches are hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the mustaches are so funny!!! What a sweet post about him and what a special kid.

    ReplyDelete