Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Demarcus Ware? A couple of doors down...that's where!

It's that time of the year. The time of the year that I absolutely love. It's football season and I love every minute. Eddie and I were fortunate enough to travel to San Antonio for Dallas Cowboys training camp this year. Oh my goodness...talking about my own personal heaven.
We stayed at the Hyatt, which was where the team was staying during camp. As we were unlocking the door to our room for the first time, we turned to see Demarcus Ware a couple of doors down. Seriously?!? So, we knew right then, that this was going to be a memorable trip. We went out to dinner on the Riverwalk and had a great time together. San Antonio is where we got engaged, so it's always special for us to be there. The next morning, we got up bright and early to head to camp. Decked out in our cowboys gear, we enter the elevator. And lo and behold, guess who gets in? Yes, Demarcus Ware. Ahhhh! With Eddie standing shoulder to shoulder with him and me with this ridiculously goofy grin that I couldn't erase, we just stood and stared. Should we have said something? Maybe, but we both agreed, we could have gone home right then and been satisfied. We received front row seat passes and had a fabulous time watching practice. We named each player as they ran out. We watched their every move. We even heard Roy Williams sing "Don't Take the Girl." We got Sam Hurd's autograph. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I am so happy that I was able to share it with my husband. Here's to a great year...





















1 comment:

  1. Cute title! So glad y'all had fun! Looks like a blast. Oh, Roy Williams, what a cutie...my fav.

    ReplyDelete