Monday, August 24, 2009

A Day of Firsts

Today was a pretty exciting day in the Roe household.
Today, Eddie started his new job. We are so proud of him. Patiently and humbly waiting, he's been the absolute rock of our family. It's been a long time coming; it couldn't have happened to a better man.
Today, I began the year with a whole new crew of four year olds. I couldn't have had a better day; they are the absolute sweetest group of kids! It doesn't hurt that I only have eleven. (So far, that is. It's going to change for sure; It always does). And, it also doesn't hurt that my amazing mother in law and sister in law sent the most incredible basket of goodies filled with TONS of stuff - pedicure gift certificate, a super lunch sack from Etsy, an Arby's card, magazines, candy, thousand island, ketchup, stationary, and i could go on and on. I was envied by all who laid eyes on the basket!
Today, Elliott attended her first day of preschool. I'm not sure that she had the best time, but she sure did look cute. ;) The day could be a whole other blog on its own that I'm not sure I'm not going to get into. She may be too young - She's been quite spoiled to say the least (as have I). We are so incredibly blessed with a mother/mother in law/Gigi. I wouldn't have enough time or space to list all the reasons why. Throughout the life of the blog, you will come to find out many of them; it's inevitable. She's a major part of the positive aspects of our life. One of the biggest blessings we have is that Gigi takes care of our two baby girls. It's not like she doesn't have anything else to do. She chooses them - It's simply amazing. She's been there from the very first day. I don't worry. I don't think. I have great peace. And, anyone who knows me knows that doesn't come easy. It's not my nature. It never has been. As I left the house this morning, a part of me felt excited for the new adventures Elliott would experience. The other part of me left anxious, nervous and a tad bit sad at the times Ellie will miss with her Gigi. There's an extreme comfort having someone who knows my girls inside and out be there to witness all the things I miss. I've always been so grateful for this amazing woman, but today magnified just one of the reasons that I am forever blessed.
Happy or a little sad, laughing and maybe a little crying, we had a pretty eventful day. God has given me an amazing family. They're my support system. Every single one of them. God has been good to me.

3 comments:

  1. so did she like school or no? I hope she did and if she didn't the first day, she will the next day she goes! she looks excited to go on her first day. I sure miss seeing her little excited face all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Anna! So many exciting things are happening right now! I'm so happy for you, Eddie and the girls! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a an awesome week at the Roe household! I hope Elle likes school better this week! I'm so happy for Eddie and know that you guys have waited it out for months now and it is so awesome to see God provide. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete