Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He's still working on me...

Okay...here's one of those posts that you may ask yourself why I am writing. I'm even wondering why, especially because it's one of those 'for worse' topics...one of those that doesn't exactly highlight my strengths. Yes, my friends, I'm talking about American Idol.

Tonight's finale was a true upset. But, why do I even care? I try to tell myself over and over that it doesn't matter. This has nothing to do with me. It's a silly contest. But, I still feel like I've invested my time in something that has failed me. Ridiculous, yes. Out of character for me, no.

You see, I don't think there is much of anything in my life that I do halfway. I recently learned through a league that is supposed to be for 'fun' why I don't play basketball anymore. I dwell for hours, days, weeks about the tiniest things said or done or things that may or may not happen. I have a hard time enjoying myself during a simple game of bowling. I cry, for goodness sakes, when the Cowboys lose a game. I get an upset tummy when Adam Lambert doesn't win American Idol.

It's just a game. It's just a show. There's always next year... I'm working on it. It's no fun to live like this. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Anna, you crack me up! You do get so emotionally involved in things beyond your control, but it is one of your best qualities in my opinion- you go at everything with a huge heart! I love that! I feel bad for you about Adam...but life goes on and he, too, like every other AI 2nd placer will go on to have a great career! :)

    ReplyDelete