Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life like Jordy

Wouldn’t life be utterly amazing if every little thing you did, every tiny thing you saw, every person you met felt like the most remarkable thing that has ever happened to you?

Jordenne, my recently turned “a whole hand” niece, is a character. Jordy is sassy, carefree and self-confident. With just a look, she can make you laugh in a way that people stop and stare. Jordenne is generous, compassionate and faithful. She is the little mommy who knows exactly how to swaddle a baby. Jordy is all girl! But, my favorite thing about Jordy (okay…besides her ridiculously cool fashion sense that I must say she gets from her aunt) is her complete, unreserved and absolute LOVE for life.

Monday night, we celebrated Elliott’s 2nd birthday with a small family gathering at our house. Understated wouldn’t even describe it. I’m talking pizza, brownies and a little Kroger cake that I actually dropped on the way in the house. I did grab Disney princess plates and a couple of crowns on my way out of the store, so I’m really not that bad of a mom. Elliott’s big birthday party with her friends is coming up, so on her actual birthday, we just wanted to simply celebrate the one who has given us the most incredible 2 years of our life.

On the way to the party, Jordenne grabbed her Grammy's arm and said, in a voice I can clearly imagine, "This is going to be so much fun!" When my mom told me, I thought that J might have been thinking this was the big party. But, no, of course not - it's Jordy. She wore the Disney crown like it was covered in sparkling jewels. She groveled over the brownies and cake like it was the creation of a well-known chef. The pizza, well, okay, the kid likes to eat....anything. Every little detail that I put almost no thought into turned out to be, in Jordenne's words, "The best party ever!"

As they pulled out of the driveway, I couldn't help but think of my brown-eyed, curly headed niece. I began to think of all the simple things that make Jordenne feel as if she's been handed the world. Getting to ride in my car to a restaurant, holding baby Beckett, eating one of Pops' "bling blairs," the chance the brag on her sweet baby brother - these are just a few of the uneventful, everyday things that makes sweet J feel as if she's the luckiest girl in the world.

So, thank you, Jordenne for being you, in all your innocence. May you never lose your passion for life. I only wish I could live my life like you!

3 comments:

  1. I think Jordenne is a pretty neat girl, too! She will love to read this when she is older. I thank God for the awesome personality that he blessed Jordy with! Thanks for writing this. You are definitely right about the fashion sense--she got it from you. My little princess loves her aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a reminder to us all! She is so cute and your girls are so lucky to have her as a big cousin- a role model, playmate, and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordenne is a lucky little girl to have such a caring aunt to remind her constantly how much she is adored and loved! Watching you with Jordenne and Isaac before you even married Eddie made me KNOW what a wonderful mother you would be! Jordenne will surely appreciate this tribute for the rest of her life!

    ReplyDelete