Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Unc!

There is nothing greater than family. That's it. Seriously. I can't think of a thing. I'm talking here on earth, of course. The dependability, the unconditional love, the guidance, the impossible support, the security like no one else can provide - Family. I know I'm biased, but I don't think it gets much better than mine. It's funny how each of them brings something a little different. It's an amazing dynamic, one I'm extremely lucky to be a part of. I can't imagine life without my family.

My sister in law's fiance, Hooper, is a constant in our lives. He's E and B's Unc, he's the one my best friend will marry, he is Eddie's perfect tv and movie match, he's my Church of Christ buddy, he's the one I can call and absolutely know I can depend on, he's a part of our family.

Elliott loves her Unc. She loves to hear him sing. She loves when he plays "Wagon Wheel" on his phone. She thinks he looks like Mr. T. She thinks anyone with a guitar should be Unc. She loves to say his name. Unc loves his Ellie. He loves her so much he cleaned her carseat when she got sick all in the car. He's always willing to take care of her, play with her, do almost anything she wants. I remember him coming to hold her almost everyday after she was born.
Unc was there bright and early the day Beck was born, too. When he comes over, he always acknowledges his tiny niece. She may be just a baby, but I have a feeling she knows how much he loves her.

Today, we celebrate Hooper on his 27th birthday. We are lucky to have him in our family. He's a perfect fit. He adds just the right things. We are fortunate for our babies to have such a fun, involved uncle. There truly isn't anything greater than family. We're blessed that Unc is a part of that greatness.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry before school..heheh.


    Thank you Anna. I love ya'll and im honored to be part of such a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have perfectly described "Unc"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post, Anna. Even sweeter that you guys have Hoop in your family- a special guy.

    ReplyDelete