Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I am madly in love with this time of the year. The hustle and bustle of the season brings an all over good feeling that I wish would never go away. From the Christmas music played in every store I enter to the decorations that brighten the way home to the way our house looks with only the lights on the Christmas tree branches shining, I find this season simply magical.
Getting together with family is one of my most favorite things as it is, so add the holidays to the mix and well...it doesn't get better than that (unless the Cowboys make it to the Super Bowl and then well... that's just a dream come true).
This year, it snowed on Christmas eve. Amazing. We had the best day with my family - good food, great conversation, awesome presents :), and a lot of love. When it came time for them to leave, they didn't get very far. No, it wasn't because they couldn't stand the thought of being away from me (which may have subconsciously had something to do with it), but as they traveled down Highway 4, 2 of the 3 cars ran off the road, stuck, unable to get out. My parents car, the only one to survive, slid as they were trying to turn around. So, all bundled up, Tony, Kate, Ryan, Kayla and the 3 sweet babies trecked their way down Highway 4 to meet up with my parents. Can you just imagine? However, they didn't walk long until an awesome family in a huge truck (ones that Elliott calls tractors) picked them up and brought them all the way to my house. Despite the cold noses, frozen feet and hands, I was secretly glad they were back. Because, to me, there is nothing like having family all together and this just meant I could enjoy them for that much longer.
Christmas morning, Santa had come. With some hesitation, Elliott came out to see just what he had left for her and her sister. Santa did good. :) We continued our celebration with the Roe Christmas over at Gigi and Papa's. Santa had been there to visit, too, leaving lots of goodies for the girls. In the words of Elliott, "Wow! It's amaseeng!" I love the tradition of being over there on Christmas Day. It's the perfect way to spend Christmas Day, with some of the most generous people I have ever known.
This is the most wonderful time of the year. It's not the presents. It's not the food. It's the people. The people that I love the most that make this time of the year magical. And, there are a certain two that put the icing on the cake...


1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had so much fun! It IS the most wonderful time of the year! So many memories!

    ReplyDelete